Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Camping and hiking in ZION

We went camping in Zions in late June and could not have asked for better weather. We got there early Friday morning to get a campsite, and then went hiking. I can't believe how close Zions really is to us. We have lived here for three and half years and this is our first time going. Pretty crazy I know. Our kids love hiking and camping, it is one of our favorite things to do as a family. It was pretty funny at times. There were a lot of people from out of state or from different countries, and I don't think they had ever seen so many backpacks with kids in them. So every once in awhile someone would make a comment about the number of kids. There were four kids in backpacks and five on foot-9 Total. It was great fun! I wore Macey on the front pack
and the backpack with food, drinks etc. on my back. It actually worked better, because it made me more balanced. All the kids are troopers Steve has them all going on long hikes. In fact Friday they hiked 2.5 miles to hidden canyon, which says strenuous hike on the map. What an accomplishment.So far we have hiked, watchman, weeping rock,emerald pools, and outlook. More adventures to come now that we know how close Zions really is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl on all the postings! Way to get caught up! Now that it's summer nobody seems to be updating their blogs, including myself! :)Haha

MARTHA said...

I'm ready to get a backpack and go! What a great trip for your family.