Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bad Parents AWARD





So over a week ago Marissa jumped off a bench at Costcos food court and some how got her arm stuck in the cart when she did it. She cried for a little while and then acted fine. Steve looked at it and we both thought it was fine. Over the last couple days she has been crying when she lands on it, or puts a lot of pressure on it. You know the cry, like she was still in a lot of pain. Well I called Steve today and told him I made an appointment. When we got to the doctors The NP had her giving her high five, put pressure on it and Marissa just sat there and laughed. She gave me an order to get an X-ray so RELUCTANTLY I did. Only because she didn't act like anything hurt when the NP checked her out. Sure enough it is broken just below the elbow. And still bad ashamed to say nine days later. Boy do we deserve the Bad Parent Award. With kids you never know. She is definitly our accident prone child.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

No bad parent award. You are PREGNANT AND have 3 other kids...that's called expected and exhuasting.

And at least she looks SUPER CUTE with her cute little HOT PINK cast. My cute lil' gal!

Give her a big fat kiss from me, and Ella (she prayed for her tonight!)

MARTHA said...

Poor thing! (Rick and Wendy's daughter has just recovered from a break.) Hope the healing goes smooth.

mariann and Tory said...

I am so glad I am not the only parent who gets this award! Madi has broken her nose not once but 2 times and each time I am like...its not broken...but it is! GReat!! You are a great mom!!

Heidi said...

Any BABY update news?!?! When are you blessing her? My ward just asked me to do the enrichment activity on June 6th. I said yes then realized I better ask you first.

Heidi said...

I dont think anyone else noticed...or some people said they saw little links at the bottom but couldnt see anything anyway so didnt think twice about it. So hopefully that was most people. I was so embarrased though, so thanks for doing that for us and calling.

I know, I dont know how we missed all of your calls. I think our phones were on silent from work or soemthing, I dont know. We DID notice that night, but it was already 9:30 here so we figurered it would be too late to call...ESPECIALLY now that you are up ALL night with both little girls...ha ha ha...I shouldnt laugh. I knew it, she was JUST the same time as ella.

Oh yeah you need to update your baby widget, it says 1 day to go...ha ha ha ha...arent you glad. And I want to see more pictures too.

Anyway talk to you later. Have fun with your mom this week, I am sure you with love all the extra help and spoiling! :) Ella misses you guys SO much too. We had to lie to her about your mom going there becasue we know she freak out and be so sad, but she is excited to see her "sissa" soon.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED the cast! It just fit her little personality to have a cast on her arm! :)Haha Congrats on little Macey, she is adorable!!(...And probably don't leave her alone with Rissa!) Lol